Did you know that you can make money on TikTok? You won’t be a millionaire overnight but it is a good side gig to supplement your income or support your current business. With 1 billion (that is slightly over 20% of all world-wide web surfers) active users per month, as reported by Backlinko, TikTok certainly has great traffic for business.
As with all of these social media platforms, there is usually a way to make your time spent on them profitable. TikTok is no different. There are a few different ways to turn your social media time into a money-maker. Let’s first take a look at what you can do on TikTok and then how it can turn a profit for you.
What Is TikTok?
Social media platforms have become wildly popular in the last two decades. With the introduction of TikTok into the category, it attracted users who were looking for and looking to create short video clips packed with entertainment and information. The app originally restricted the length of the videos to 15 seconds.
It was initially named Musical.ly. It was a showcase for musical talent or lack thereof. Users loved that they could share video clips with friends in such a convenient way through the app. It grew quickly and became popular.
When the Chinese company Bytedance took over the app and turned it into TikTok, users could expand their topics beyond music in addition to the length of time allotted to the videos. This created an influx of users and it wasn’t long before people discovered how to leverage the site to earn money.
How to Make Money on TikTok 2022
There are several ways to turn your TikTok videos into a profit. There is sure to be a way that will work best for you and your situation.
- If you have an existing business, TikTok can be an excellent marketing tool. As most social media applications, you’ll have a better ‘presence’ if you upload and share videos on a regular basis. By regular basis it is meant every day at the same time, or every week on the same day, depending on how much information you have to share about your business.
- Another way to earn money on TikTok is through sponsorships. Just like most social media, when you have a good following, businesses will reach out and ask you to feature their product or services on your TikTok page for them. If you keep a focus in one area, you could potentially have several sponsors paying you to post on their behalf.
- Because TikTok is its own business, it has a special incentive to attract and encourage users. This is called the TikTok Creator Fund. Under certain qualifications, users can make money off TikTok by applying for the fund and following strict adherence to the site’s guidelines while receiving the fund. This is an ongoing, commission-type fund.
How Do Creators Make Money on TikTok: Tips and Advice
“Can you make money on TikTok?” is a common question for creators using the app to supplement income or create sufficient income. Most will tell you that time is money on TikTok. The next biggest factor is attracting a significant audience. But what are some ways to implement these tricks?
Here are a few tips to start:
- Research some topics on Google that surround the nature of your business. This will give you a good idea on angles about what viewers are currently wanting to know or learn.
- Then be creative with your posted videos. This will capture the attention of your audience and keep them coming back, especially if you have something to offer that your competition does not.
- Set a timer to post consistently so that the different algorithms get your videos at the top of the queue when people search.
When you want to get sponsorships, these three tips will work as well. One additional thing that all popular creators who earn money on TikTok advise is to be authentic in your posts. Authenticity goes a long way when people return time and time again to your page.
Do You Have to Be Verified to Make Money on TikTok?
Verification refers to a threshold marked by the number of followers for an individual on a social media site. TikTok does not have a threshold set by the site itself for the purpose of promoting or demoting users.
However, if you want to have access to their Creators Fund, you must have a certain number of followers. In addition, the more followers you have, typically the more opportunities you have to make money on TikTok.
Creators Fund: Qualifications
In order to access the Creators Fund on TikTok, it is important to note a few qualifying factors. In addition, once accepted into the fund, you’ll need to continue adherence to their community guidelines.
- How Old Do You Have to be to Make Money on TikTok? The site requires users who want to access their Creators Fund to be at least age 18. This is not unusual for sites to require a certain age limit for monetary disbursements.
- Location matters! In order to apply to the creators fund you must be a resident of the US, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany. If you are based in any other area of the world, the fund is not yet accessible to you.
- A following of at least 10,000 users is a threshold you must hit before applying.
- Your videos must have 100,000 plus views within the previous 30 days to your application date.
- Finally, as mentioned before, you must be well behaved and strictly follow the guidelines and the terms of service.
Once you can check these requirements, you will then go through the application process to be approved. If approved you will receive a calculated amount of money at regular intervals.
The program was set up to reward active and popular users so the more viewers you bring to the site, the more money you’ll receive from the fund. Some users refer to it as coffee money while others say it contributes significantly to their income.
It is possible that your application is not accepted, in which case, you just have to wait a month to reapply. It could be as simple as lack of money in the fund to accept another individual and perhaps the following month will have more funds available.
Consider Our Article: 10 Side Hustles for Women in 2022
In Conclusion: You Can Make Money on Tiktok
Social media apps can have a bad reputation at times, but when you look at the potential good that can come from them, you can’t say they are entirely bad.
The possibilities to earn money on TikTok are truly endless and in addition can offer a creative outlet for those who have a knack for video creation.
Furthermore, you’ll find the money you earn from TikTok can give you the opportunity to change your life from a commuting, 40 hours-a-week, stressful career to a work-from-home, pleasure job.